1. all the time in the world 許多時間
The doctor made me feel as if she had all the time in the world to listen to my problems.
2. behind the times 落後於時代，過時
This design is already behind the times. 這個設計已經過時了。
3. be pressed for time 時間緊迫
I'd love to stop and talk, but I'm pressed for time.
4. change with/keep up with/move with the times 跟上時代潮流，與時俱進
I don't really like using the Internet, but you have to keep up with the times, I guess.
5. give sb a hard time 使（某人）日子不好過
Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters always give her a hard time.
6. give sb the time of day 理睬，搭理（某人）
We had an argument with our neighbours, and now they won't even give us the time of day.
7. have a lot of time for sb 對（某人）有好感，喜歡（某人）
She's really nice - I have a lot of time for Jenny.
8. have no time for sb 對（某人）沒好感，討厭（某人）
I have no time for people who are always complaining.
9. have time to kill 有時間可以消磨
We've got some time to kill before we leave - do you want to have some coffee.
10. a matter/question of time （只不過是）時間問題
If you keep on driving like that, it'll only be a matter of time before you have an accident.
11. There's a time and a place (for everything) （凡事）要講究時間和場合
12. There's no time like the present 目前正是好時機
13. Time and tide wait for no man 歲月不待人；時不我待
14. time flies 時光飛逝
Time flies when you're having fun.
15. Time hangs heavy 度日如年
Time hangs heavy in prison.
16. Time is money時間就是金錢
17. Time is of the essence時間是關鍵
18. Time is on sb's side （某人）有充裕的時間
We don't have to make a final decision till next week, so time is on our side.
19. the time is ripe 時機成熟了
I'm waiting till the time is ripe before I tell my parents that I failed my two exams.
20. the time of your life 極其快樂的時光
We had the time of our lives at the party.
21. have time on your hands 有空閒時間
Gina has some time on her hands, so she is taking a college course.
22. time stands still 時間仿佛凝固了
I saw the car coming straight towards me, and for a moment time stood still.
23. (only) time will tell （只有）時間能證明
Only time will tell whether we made the right decision.
24. Time's a great healer 時間是治癒創傷的良藥。
參考資料: Cambridge Dictionary
作者: Fish Chen 校正: Joanna Lin
本篇文章由Joanna English 彙編，未經同意請勿任意轉載